The Stephen R. Kellert Biophilic Design Award acknowledges Stephen’s legacy as a pioneer in articulating and applying biophilic design principles to the built environment. His advocacy has encouraged widespread adoption of the practice of design for human-nature connection.
The award is in recognition of achievements in the built environment, including buildings, interiors, and communities, which demonstrate the principles and benefits of biophilic design.
Applications for the 2023 award will open December 1! Living Future Europe is collaborating with the International Living Future Institute, Biophilic Cities, and the Living Future Institute Australia in 2023 to offer an Australia, Europe, and City category award in addition to the main award. Stay tuned for more information and review the submission requirements below to prepare to apply in December.
2023 Award Timeline
- DECEMBER 1, 2022: Award application opens
- JANUARY 2023: Informational webinar on how to apply for the award (Webinar registration coming soon!)
- FEBRUARY 28, 2023: Award applications DUE / Application period closes
- APRIL 2023 Category award recipients and main award finalists announced
- MAY 4, 2023: Main award recipient announced at Living Future 2023 in Washington DC
2023 Award Jury
- ERIN ROVALO, Ph.D., VP, Community, ILFI, Award Chair
- CARLO BATTISTI, President, Living Future Europe, European Category Award Chair
- TIMOTHY BEATLEY, Ph.D., Teresa Heinz Professor of Sustainable Communities, Department of Urban and Environmental Planning, School of Architecture at the University of Virginia, City Category Award Chair
- J.D. BROWN, Program Director, Biophilic Cities
- MARY DAVIDGE, Design Strategist, Environmental Advocate, and Biophilic Design Advisory Group Member
- LAURA HAMILTON-O’HARA, Chief Executive Officer, Living Future Institute of Australia, Australia Category Award Chair
- OLIVER HEATH, Director, Oliver Heath Design
- RITA TROMBIN, Environmental Psychologist, Nominator for 2019 SKBDA Award Recipient, European Category Award Coordinator
The Stephen R. Kellert Biophilic Design Award – European Category is administered by Living Future Europe and coordinated by
- Rita Trombin
- Carlo Battisti
For more information write to email@example.com