Living Future Europe and a group of biophilic design lovers created a living system and a virtual space to promote the culture of biophilia – the Biophilic Society.
What is the Biophilic Society?
Launched on November 11th, 2022 at COP27 in Sharm-el-Sheikh, the Biophilic Society is a network (a living system) of biophilic lovers, experts, researchers, professionals aiming and working to set biophilia and biophilic design at the centre of the conversation on regenerative design, creating the conditions for their large-scale implementation.
Building on the rigor of literature, research, and existing frameworks, the Biophilic Society works to overpass existing biases, breaks paradigms, scouts, and collects the examples from best practices, in order to move the biophilic approach out from a niche, establishing a new modus operandi for the players of the built environment.
Biophilic Society – The vision
A (building) industry where biophilia is the common design approach for products, buildings, and communities.
Biophilic Society – The mission
To create the conditions for a large-scale implementation of the biophilic design approach by means of
- Keeping the network (living system) of biophilic lovers recognisable, increasing its widespread diffusion
- Advancing a culture of biophilic design through training and dissemination opportunities, including the Biophilia Camp
- Exploiting synergies within the network, optimising the match between Biophilic design services demand and supply
- Showcasing best practices, also through organising the European category of the Stephen R. Kellert Biophilic Design Award
Your call to action
- Sign – Sign the manifesto, and commit to advocate for this mission
- Share – Share your commitment and the values to increase visibility and reinforce identity
- Strengthen – Strengthen the network (living system) to augment the capacity and effectiveness